Friday, September 24, 2010

Technology in the Classroom

After looking into many different technologies, I have found that I am a big fan of Ning. Although the host has to pay a fee, I feel that the benefits of using Ning as a classroom resource greatly outweigh this con. Ning is a website where you can set up a social network and do many different things. I love that Ning has a forum and discussion section. I think that this could be a great parent-teacher communication resource. Parents could be updated on what is happening in the classroom and could write about their concerns to the teacher. Also, Ning could be used for fundraising purposes as you can sell products and advertise them in your social network. I believe that in my future classroom, as I want to teacher kindergarten or first grade, I would like to try out Ning as one of my few technologies to use in my classroom to keep parents connected. I believe that parent involvement is key in students' success and this may be a step worth taking.

1 comment:

  1. Ning does seem pretty cool and would be a nice way to keep your educational and personal lives apart while still connecting with parents and students.

    ReplyDelete