Thursday, September 9, 2010

Google Earth

I have been researching Google Earth for my technology to learn and have found some really neat resources and ideas. I recently got a few responses to a tweet I created about using Skype in the classroom, one being about using Skype to communicate with meteorologists during the weather unit. As I started my journey into the world of Google Earth, I thought of how these two technologies could be used together in a cumulative project. I also found different lesson plans, student work samples, ideas, and discussions about how to use Google Earth effectively in the classroom in a site named Google Earth for Educators. Google Earth is a very modern technology that can help teach children different things about geography, the world, and the cultures that they are immersed in. Through its visual components students who are visual learners are benefited and it gives light to a new way of learning for those who aren't. I can't wait to continue to explore Google Earth and its many features.

2 comments:

  1. Google Earth seems really cool. I've never used Skype, how do you like it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Skype. I talk to my best friend in Denmark using it but it can be hard when you are communcating through different time zones. I haven't done much else with it, so I guess there is room to explore and learn!

    ReplyDelete